7/8/07

Sheehan taking a swing at Pelosi

(H/T to blksista at MLW)

Cindy Sheehan says she'll run against Pelosi if she doesn't take action soon:
Sheehan said she will run against the San Francisco Democrat in 2008 as an independent if Pelosi does not seek by July 23 to impeach Bush. That's when Sheehan and her supporters are to arrive in Washington, D.C., after a 13-day caravan and walking tour starting next week from the group's war protest site near Bush's Crawford ranch.

``Democrats and Americans feel betrayed by the Democratic leadership,'' Sheehan told The Associated Press. ``We hired them to bring an end to the war. I'm not too far from San Francisco, so it wouldn't be too big of a move for me. I would give her a run for her money.''

Messages left with Pelosi's staff were not immediately returned. The White House declined to comment on Sheehan's plans.

She plans her official candidacy announcement Tuesday. Sunday wrapped up what is expected to be her final weekend at the 5-acre Crawford lot that she sold to California radio talk show host Bree Walker, who plans to keep it open to protesters.

I guess we'll have to wait and see what her actual plans are because the article doesn't say if she plans on taking her on in Dem primaries or in the elections, but if it is the elections... In the San Fran area there may be a possibility for her to win (Who knows? I don't), but even if she couldn't win I would be willing to bet -if I were a gambling man, I am not- she could get enough liberal votes to cause Pelosi to lose any race.

And don't start the "she'll be a Nader!" chants.

The Democratic party does this to themselves all by themselves.

2 comments:

fuzzyturtle said...

As unhappy as I am with Pelosi's inaction.. I'd rather Sheehan establish residency and run against Lieberman. THAT would be an interesting (albeit uphill) battle.

"she'll be a Nader!" I have respect for her.. but she'll never be Ralph Nader. He's done alot for people (you know.. seat belts? little things like that). He's kooky, but he did accomplish alot for the general public in his carrer, far more than some politicians.

Connecticut Man1 said...

Trust me... I wasn't knocking Nader there. I don't like it when Democrats blame Nader for losing an election. It was the Democratic parties fault they lost all of those lefties and liberals, not Nader's.

I have read quite a few diaries so far that have said that Sheehan could rock the boat there.