12/11/06

Has Israel gone NUCLEAR?

I had been trying to find a blog post out on the internet somewhere (I couldn't remember where I had read it and I had promised to try and find it for someone's research purposes!) about an Israeli newspaper article, that someone had translated from Hebrew, supposedly discussing Israel's nuclear arsenal. I could never find it again BUT I guess I don't need to now beacuse Rawstory has a new clue:

RawStory:
In an unprecedented move at odds with 40 years of deliberate ambiguity, Israeli Prime Minister Ehud Olmert appeared to admit Monday that Israel possesses nuclear weapons, when he included the country in a list of nuclear states. In an interview with Germany's Sat 1 television, an excerpt of which was broadcast in Israel, the prime minister was asked whether Israel's nuclear arsenal - which until now it has never publicly admitted to having - undermined the West's objections to a nuclear Iran.

"Israel is a democracy and does not threaten anyone ... Iran explicitly, openly and publicly threatens to wipe Israel off the map," an agitated Olmert replied.


This isn't the article I was looking for, but it still points in the direction of what many have thought to be true already.

Israel is, very likely, NUKULAR already.

Note: The only thing harder than trying to find than a particular article is trying to find one originally written in a language you can't read! lol

No comments: