2/17/09

RIP Dave

bigdavefromqueens around these parts, and David Weintraub in real life. There was someone that wasn't afraid to climb out on a limb if it was a cause he believed in.




He thought this was important, important enough to have it as a signature:
"I shall not rest until right wing conservatives are 4th party gadflies limited to offering minor corrections on legislation once or twice a year."

They aren't 4th party, yet, but you pushed them halfway there. And they seem determined to try their best to get the rest of the way.

2 comments:

CT Bob said...

It's very sad for Dave's family that he passed so young. However, I can think of one devious little senator who's probably celebrating right now!

Connecticut Man1 said...

I didn't know him beyond the Blogging world, so I did not even know how old he was. But I admired his willingness to hit the street and take it to the politicians wherever they were. Sometimes with a bonus laugh for his efforts.

I do a lot less when it comes to going and covering stuff or protesting things. I do it occasionally, but not as often as I would like. (Something about dragging around a baby to these events? Anyways...) So when you all do that kind of stuff I like to think you are doing it for me, as well.