8/27/08

McCain Thinks American Workers Aren't Good Enough

As we get close to labor day you need to know that while Obama says "Yes you can!" McCain says "No you can't!" to American workers, telling them that they can't do the job.



In McCain's fragile mind the real problem isn't about paying a man or woman fair wages for an honest day's work... McCain thinks the problem is that Americans just aren't good enough - hard working enough - to do these jobs.

I guess McCain thinks that you need to work harder at finding a pill-popping sugar momma beer heiress 2nd wife, like Cindy McCain, to pay your bills for you if you want to be able to succeed like he did?

[update] I know that the work is hard as hell. And it is only made worse by operations that hire undocumented immigrants and put the workers through hellish conditions that are nothing more than modern day slave labor. Those are the issues that McCain would rather ignore.

Rather than forcing the companies to hire by honest free market rules McCain and the GOP will let these companies continue to exploit fellow human beings and claim that Americans can't or won't do the work.

4 comments:

Commander Zaius said...

God help us all if he wins. I wonder if he really understood what he was saying. Fifty bucks and hour picking crops? I'm an old southern boy that was hog tied by my grandparents during the summer to pick peas, I'd sign up for his offer.

Connecticut Man1 said...

I know that the work is hard as hell. And it is only made worse by operations that hire undocumented immigrants and put the workers through hellish conditions that are nothing more than modern day slave labor. Those are the issues that McCain would rather ignore.

Rather than forcing the companies to hire by honest free market rules they will let these companies continue exploit people and claim that Americans won't do the work.

It is pure BS.

As a kid I spent many a summer day working for change bailing hay and other stuff at a friends farm. Back breaking work but I would make a career of it at the right price.

Traveling Mom said...

This is the most snotty elitist comment I have ever heard a politician make! I do not understand why Obama and the AFLCIO does not run this on a continuous loop!
McCain is immensely out of touch with the hard work of ordinary people because he never has to work- just spend his wife's trust fund. But Holy Cow buddy! Check out Mike Rowe on Dirty Jobs!!!!! Those guys and gals do tough, hot, dangerous, dirty jobs for a lot less than 50 dollars an hour.
Take the episode at the handmade brick factory! Throwing 13 pounds of clay and sand into each brick mold in South Carolina all year long- and right next to a kiln. Suddenly Yuma is looking cool and breezy.

Connecticut Man1 said...

Good point travelling mom. I have worked on farms in my younger days (tossing hay with pitchforks on a friends farm) and I know that the Infantry was one of the hardest jobs I have ever had in my life. I have done a lot of jobs that would compare.

And I know too many people that would love to pick lettuce in Yuma if they were offered a fair wage and responsible work conditions.