10/24/06

Changing the Looks!

Just doing a little messing around with that darned HTML around here, so please don't get too uppity if this page doesn't load right! It should load left anyways since I am a liberal, ya know? :)

If you look over there on the right>>> sidebar you should notice that I have joined up with a local (Connecticut) "Lefty Blogs" news feed. In a perfect world the liberal side would be on the left, and the left side would be on the right, thus eliminating the right-wing-nut-GOP-talking-point-crack-pipe-smoking-idiots completely. I know, I KNOW! You can't eliminate all of the evil in this world. It's a "Ying-Yang" thing.

Anyways...

I don't like the generic look of the Blogspot templates.

So I will be trying different things with this Blogger template, and I might even just trash it and design my own from scratch. (Yep... I am somewhat computer literate, I was just too busy to do this before! lol)

You would think that Google would already be on top of this issue. I see a lot of blogs that complain about the generic look and even some that offer free templates. BUT All Google would have to do is to integrate a basic "web designing tool" geared towards building Blogs into Blogspot (Like Geocities did with their "basic design tools for web-dummies") and they could eliminate much of the generic feces that you see on blogspot.

It would take a little time and money, but we all know Google has plenty of both. I haven't even looked at the Beta version of Blogspot yet. They might have these kind of features in there already?

3 comments:

fuzzyturtle said...

I can see it, I'm using Opera 9.02. I wish I could give you some pointers, but I use LiveJournal.

I find the font a little hard to read but I have pretty bad vision.

Just wanted to share a funny story.. at the Murphy/Johnson debate, there were all the requisite supporters outside with signs .. and some Johnson troll called me a 'hippie'. I think he was about 20 years old. IT was pretty hilarious, I have an MBA and I worked on Wall Street for 20 years, I'm a fiscal conservative.. that makes me a hippie???? LOL. that made my day.

;)

Similarly, I'm not sure the blogs listed are 'lefty'... I suspect they're more moderate than the Shubpublicans would care to admit.

Connecticut Man1 said...

Similarly, I'm not sure the blogs listed are 'lefty'... I suspect they're more moderate than the Shubpublicans would care to admit.

I know that... I am on the far left of the average Democrat that is really a moderate right winger.

On the world stage I am a "centrist" that leans left or right depending on the issues... But here in the god ole USA I am way out in left field? lol

The GOP is far right, and the necons are also very authoritarian. Way too hardcore right to be representing the average American.

fuzzyturtle said...

But here in the god ole USA I am way out in left field? lol

nah, according to Nancy Johnsons' posse - you're a hippie too ;)