3/31/08

Wiffle Waffle...

Please don't let the dream end!

So when people have asked me whether I think Hillary should drop out I've said I don't think she's under any obligation to do so but that I do think, with her odds now this long, she should not be running a campaign that seems to go out of its way not simply to compete but to damage the likely nominee as a general election candidate and attempt to discredit the nomination process itself.

But when I was writing out my take on her interview over the weekend with Post, I realized that I hadn't made clear enough in what I'd written, or even really in my own head, how much the two things are really combined.

As I said in that post, I don't think Hillary's claim that she's going to stay in the race through the convention in Denver is really about Denver, or staying through August or even till June. It's about keeping her troops motivated and confident so that she can keep in the game through April and May.

And here I think we see the pattern. Hillary doesn't want to run for president in 2nd or 3rd gear. It's beneath her dignity.
But it isn't beneath her dignity to continue to run the campaign she has when she has already clearly lost? Third gear? You are talking about retro girl here. Your opinion has just hit the skids on this one, Josh.

I am starting to think I need to start a "2012" elections (more likely "2016," since it will take her that long for her to reform her character after the shit that flew back in her face) to actually bother to list posts on Hillary Clinton "elections."

The fact that you say your are thinking (or rethinking) beyond this reality says a lot. You just can't justify stupid. Wish in one hand and shit in the other... Then come back and tell me which one fills up first... 'Kay?

No comments: