The Wall Street Journal has announced that they will be giving out free copies of its rag on January 2nd to celebrate their redesign:
“Nearly half a million copies will be free and The Wall Street Journal Online — normally a paid service — will also be free that day.”
They want to try and put lipstick on a pig...
- What the media aren't telling you about the Iraq Study Group report
Thursday, December 7, 2006 7:35PM
- Four of six major papers left out prescient warnings in coverage of 2002 Iraq war vote
Monday, December 4, 2006 6:15PM
- WSJ's Miniter baselessly linked same-sex marriage to rise in out-of-wedlock births
Wednesday, November 29, 2006 9:31AM
- Print reports portrayed Medicare drug price reform as problematic for Democrats, ignoring internal drug memo laying out industry concerns
Tuesday, November 28, 2006 3:47PM
- Media glossed over new Senate minority whip Trent Lott's pro-segregation, anti-civil rights past
Thursday, November 16, 2006 3:02PM
- Print media fail to note that Saddam verdict released two days before U.S. elections despite unfinished judgment
Monday, November 6, 2006 6:57PM
- WSJ gave credence to Republican boasts of early voting successes, providing no independent evidence
Tuesday, October 31, 2006 12:28PM
- Journal editorial claimed military met recruitment goals because "troops believe in mission," ignored lower aptitude requirements for new soldiers
Thursday, October 12, 2006 12:32PM
- A special Media Matters for America report: debunking the Foley myth machine
Wednesday, October 11, 2006 4:59PM
- Echoing Drudge and Savage, Dobson and Henninger claimed Foley scandal is "sort of a joke" and a "prank[ ]" by pages
Friday, October 6, 2006 3:57PM
- Journal editorial falsely claimed Pelosi "vot[ed] to revoke the Boy Scouts' charter for its ban on gay scoutmasters"
Thursday, October 5, 2006 4:38PM
- In Foley scandal, conservatives find plenty of excuses and plenty of people to blame (other than the GOP)
Wednesday, October 4, 2006 3:47PM
- Media conservatives obsess over Foley's sexuality
Tuesday, October 3, 2006 5:31PM
- WSJ's Miniter falsely asserted Shimkus told Foley "to cut off all direct contact with underage pages"
Tuesday, October 3, 2006 12:23PM
- In Foley coverage, scant mention of three other Republican congressmen embroiled in major scandals
Monday, October 2, 2006 1:40PM
The fancy redsign will not hide the fact that The Wall Street Journal will sell you short on the facts. Sorry! I am not buying. Even for free.
"Big man, pig man, ha ha charade you are.
You well heeled big wheel, ha ha charade you are.
And when your hand is on your heart,
You're nearly a good laugh,
Almost a joker,
With your head down in the pig bin,
Saying "Keep on digging."
Pig stain on your fat chin."